- London / Remote Working
- Full Time
Salary: Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience
At GenPAx we’re building a platform to revolutionise the use of genome sequencing information in human and animal health. By combining traditional and cutting-edge computational methodologies, we want to radically increase the utility and use of genome sequencing information to deliver near real-time diagnostic and infection control solution for human and animal healthcare worldwide. We are looking for skilled and enthusiastic individuals from variety of backgrounds to join our team and be part of our exciting growth plans.
Finance Team and Reporting
GenPAx will initially have a small but hands on finance team servicing the financial and operational needs of this exciting international start up. This role will report directly to the CFO.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Producing monthly management accounts and reports for the various corporate entities of this international organisation
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Preparing and monitoring performance and cashflow against forecasts and budgets
- Maintaining an in-depth understanding of the key drivers of the business in order to derive clear and succinct analyses of the ongoing financial performance of operations
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems (accounting, payroll, invoicing) to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Ensuring compliance with relevant local tax, accounting, auditing, and external reporting requirements
- Leading and coordinating the annual preparation of accounts and in due course external audit
- Treasury oversight to ensure effective management of working capital
- Providing analysis and strategic insight to senior management on a proactive and as-requested basis
- Leading, mentoring, and providing clear guidance to junior finance staff when the team expands
- Assist in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Continually seeking to improve productivity and efficiency through the development of processes and controls
- Building and nurturing relationships with key internal and external parties including banks, auditors, and legal counsel
What we are looking for from you
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field.
- Several years of experience in a business or finance environment;
- Outstanding mathematical skills;
- Self-starter: ability to work in a start-up environment, with a can-do mind set and willingness to roll up their sleeves and get involved.
- Good project and time management skills
- Management experience.
- Organisational skills; critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Research skills; analytical skills; computer skills; understanding of data privacy standards.
- Cross border experience; understanding of transfer pricing and ability to work across different jurisdictions
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail