- London / Remote Working
- Full Time
Salary: Negotiable depending on qualification and experience
At GenPAx we are building a platform to revolutionise the use of genome sequencing information in human, food, and animal health. By combining traditional and new cutting-edge computational methodologies, we want to radically increase the utility, scalability, and speed with which genome sequencing information can be accessed and used to deliver near real-time diagnostic and infection control solution for human and animal healthcare worldwide. The goal is to enable proactive infection control at early stages of outbreaks and in response to more dangerous and / or more antibiotic resistant strains. We believe that we have all of the missing pieces to address this problem and our goal is to convert these into a real-world solution as quickly and robustly as possible.
The Resource Development Team (RDT)
In the first phase GenPAx the resource development team will work together on a novel and ground-breaking approach to bacterial genome sequence analysis. Members of the RDT will report directly to the CSO until there are intermediate leadership roles. The RDT will be highly collaborative. Most members will work in small development groups focussed upon resources for different bacterial species, with other members of the team performing complementary activities on specific aspects of resource testing, marker resource development, and working with collaborator and public domain data to ensure optimum functionality and performance. RDT members will be encouraged to develop individual synergistic skills, according to their interests and strongest competencies.
This position is for someone to play a key role in the development of user-facing interfaces and other formats of reporting and communication from the core GenPAx systems to the users; principally those through which sequence data and source information is added, and those through which findings are reported. This includes aspects integration with databases, as well as with presentation of graphical, textual, and numerical outputs.
- Design visualization tools to display large complex data, reporting, and real time monitoring
- Development of new methodologies, tools, and database resources
- Contribute to the testing and validation of GenPAx services and systems
- To assist in the generation of proof of concept and demonstrations of capabilities for the purpose of education and promotion of GenPAx tools and resources
- To develop individual skills and specialist competencies to complement and enhance those of the wider RDT
- To develop essential underlying knowledge of the bacterial species that you work on and their population / evolutionary genomics, and their associated infection challenges, necessary to underpin understanding-rooted computational analyses that serve the needs of users
- To work with users to facilitate their use of GenPAx resources
- To respond and contribute to the rapidly changing needs and environment of this high-tech start-up and to contribute as best you can to the success of GenPAx.
What we are looking for from you
- Experience working on the visualization of large and complex datasets
- Proficient using databases like MySQL/PostgreSQL
- Proficient working with Apache software
- Experience working with and analyzing large data sets
- Experience working with R and R Graphics tools
- Able to retrieve and aggregate data from multiple sources and compile it into a digestible form
- The ability to keep detailed and indexed records of code and resource development and versions in ways that facilitate team-based projects and record keeping for compliance purposes
- Work effectively in and across teams
- A computational or numerical background
- Experience using web technologies to develop user interfaces and data display
- Experience working with whole genome sequencing and / or phylogenetics data
- Genuine team player comfortable with a rapid pace of work in a dynamic and collaborative environment in which achieving goals and working towards shared deadlines is key to effective teamwork
- Task orientated problem solver with a can-do attitude and positive mind set
- Proactive attitude to work and the development of your own skills and expertise
- Creative thinking and a love of learning about new technologies and approaches
- Want to be part of a business dedicated to having a positive impact on humanity